Wednesday, May 09, 2007

B L A H

So, last night I went to track for the first time in ages.... to watch :( Not a good move since it made me feel like kicking my !*%$*#(% dodgy, crappy IRRITATING GODDAMN FOOT against the wall repeatedly. I am sooooo soooo soooooo bloody frustrated, I cannot express how pissed off I am with being injured. It's ridiculous. This has been going on for more than 3 months now and watching everyone whizz around last night made me think about how unfit I am now and that I'm drifting away from all those goals :( Seeing all the events coming up that I was going to do isn't helping either.

Seems the hills at Mount Cootha don't agree with whatever it is that's still not mended. I'm doing my best to ignore it and just run on it anyway, but I'm a little scared to go all out and sprint on it at track incase something snaps or pops or otherwise. I think it's safe to say after ten days of max dose, the anti-inflams are doing absolutely nothing to make it any better.

Perhaps I should just sprint on it and see what happens. I seem to be playing a game of chicken with myself currently... seeing how far I'll push things before I lose my nerve.

BLAH.

Anyway, I know it's not the end of the world. I just want to get back to training and having some goals to work towards. I feel (and look!) like a blimp currently.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Oh no :-(

Its been so long that I can't recall whether you visited a podiatrist or not. I can recommend a great one (works in City and Indooroopilly). He has done wonders for me.

I also know of this lady (at Nundah I think), not sure if she's a pod or not, but a friend of my swears by her. First time in 20 years of running somebody has 'cured' her niggly calf muscles.

Just email me and I can forward details of both.

Cirque said...

Try and be patient a bit longer Hannah! The last thing you need is to do more damage and be out even longer. Good luck!

Ewen said...

Take it easy on yourself Hannah. Good advice from Tesso - worth a try.

Apart from that, I'd suggest laying off the hills, but sticking with soft (dirt perhaps) surfaces if you can. It's possible to keep the fitness up running on the flat.