Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ahhhhhh (that was a good sigh, for a change)

I'm hoping I'm not going to jinx myself here when I say this but I can't help it.

MY FOOT FINALLY FEELS A BIT BETTER!

Praise the running gods, I think the anti-inflammatories are starting to work! I have been taking 200mg of Prexige (lumiracoxib) twice a day. Once I finish that, I move to Voltaren for a bit. All things being well, I may well be on the mend! I wish I'd had the brains to just go and see my favourite running doctor when it first happened. The real test will be when I finish all the tablets I guess but right now I'm just enjoying being almost pain free!

I didn't realise just how much this injury really hurt and how constant the pain was, until it started to feel better. My general mood is so much better too - as I'm sure everyone around me will agree, it was all starting to make me very, very cranky. Sleeping heaps better too.

It is sooo unbelievably nice to be able to walk around without pain and not to have to favour one side of my foot as much. To be able to stretch and point my toes in bed without wincing.
I can still feel the injury, but it's heaps better and I feel rather like a new woman today!

So much so, that I think I will go and run a sedate 11k at GH with Uncle Phil, tomorrow. It's apparently not as hard as previous ones, I have new shoes and it's not on concrete so I feel relatively happy to give it a go!

So good to see a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel :)

No comments: