Saturday, April 28, 2007

2 hours

So, this morning I decided to test my foot out again and went for a run out at Shorncliffe. No idea how far I went, perhaps 15km? I ran from Sonomas out to the other side of the old bridge at redcliffe and back. There was a little walking in there... not that I was killing myself, more that I was taking it easy.

The old bridge is perfect for intervals (not that I was doing any!) there are lampposts every 25m or so. I saw some poor fisherman who had put a fishhook right through the skin on the back of his hand. Owwwwww.

As I ran (pointedly ignoring foot) I was contemplating whether I might be crazy to attempt to train for the GCM in 8 weeks. I mean, I could cover the distance, just for fun. Might take me six hours to finish and it would probably HURT like a bastard afterwards, but I could....

I might just do it, even just so I can squarely give the giant finger (or should that be toe?) to the foot-gods.

Who knows. Tomorrow morning is the Mount Mee run. I might just do that, too.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's good news about the bone scan Hannah. I hope the foot comes good eventually. Try to stick to soft surfaces if you can.

It's your choice, but I wouldn't recommend doing the marathon. The 10k or half would be testing enough.