Sunday, May 20, 2007

Glasshouse 11km

Well, it was good to be back at Glasshouse. Even if it was really bizarre to be doing the short event. Felt a bit sad I wasn't able to have a crack at the 80km, which was one of my previous goals for the year. Anyway, I'm sure all this complete and utter frustration will push me to train harder once I'm able. Look out, next year!

Linda and I ran the 11km in about 1:10 I think. Foot felt okay, though started to twinge and swell half way through. (aren't I glad I didn't have a crack at 30km? I almost did - wouldn't have made it to 20km) Very strange to feel soooo unfit whilst out there - I remember just being able to keep on going. Not that GH is ever easy, but all this has certainly made me appreciate being able to stumble along consistently for hours like I could.

Oh and add to that the fact that just as I came off the trail onto the last 100m of tarmac, I managed to full on kick a tree root with my bad foot!

$%&*#&$ !!

(well, I don't think I was as polite as that!) Stuck my foot in the icy cold pool for 20 minutes then again when it started to throb and now seems not to be too bad again, but tomorrow will tell no doubt.

Really good to catch up with a few familiar faces. Tanky absolutely decimated her 80km. I think she said she did it 2 hours faster than last year! Vegie did the 30km with Di and came in looking fresh as a daisy. I got a text from Susannah saying she came 12 th Female (out of two hundred!) in the Great Wall of China Marathon. That girl is absolutely phenomenal! Inspirational :) I'm sure she could make it on the Aussie ultra team if she wanted.

A new week and back to work tomorrow :( Can't believe how quickly my two weeks off went! Tentative plans for the week:

Mon: Circuit training a.m + 5km walk/run
Tues: Track session
Wed: PT session a.m, Club run p.m
Thurs: 5km walk/run
Fri: Circuit training a.m
Sat: 5km TT a.m + 1:30 (?) hour run
Sun: REST

The saturday long run will vary depending on how my foot holds up, as will the 5km runs on monday and thursday.

Hope everyone that went to Warwick had a fab time. I really missed it! Next time, Gadget!

1 comment:

Vegie-Girl said...

Good to see the turn-around coming for you Hannah. Been a long slog but with your fighting spirit you'll get there. Next year you'll steamroll those goals.

And fresh? I was anything but fresh :)