Sunday, July 30, 2006

A cunning training plan



Thanks to Vege for the lovely 'after' pic of us (Me, Vege and Davo) in which you can also see my new haircut (although, it's a bit sweaty and revolting in this pic!)

Have put together a bit of a training plan for the next few weeks in the lead up to the GH. Am also going to try my hardest to lose a few kgs before then too. I look like such a lard arse lately. It's all this time off I've been having ;) I know I keep saying I'm going to lose weight, but I figure, it's better to keep on trying and fail sometimes, than not to try at all!

Spaces are where I've not decided on what to do as yet (am still tweaking this plan!) Really, I would like to do a long run every weekend, but it's just a case of fitting them in. I'm going to start running laps of mount cootha I think...


Week 1

Sun 30 July REST
Mon 31 July Yoga
Tues 1 Aug Speedwork
Wed 2 Aug PT + Run Inn 15km
Thurs 3 Aug gym
Fri 4 Aug gym
Sat 5 Aug Yoga + BRB 30km (inc. two laps of mount cootha?)

Week 2

Sun 6 Aug B2B 12km
Mon 7 Aug Yoga
Tues 8 Aug Speedwork
Weds 9 Aug Run Inn 15km
Thurs 10 Aug gym
Fri 11 Aug gym
Sat 12 Aug Yoga (+ poss long run w S)

Week 3

Sun 13 Aug BRRC 16k (or long run w S)
Mon 14 Aug Yoga
Tues 15 Aug Speedwork
Weds 16 Aug PT + Run Inn 15km
Thurs 17 Aug gym
Fri 18 Aug
Sat 19 Aug

Week 4

Sun 20 Aug Noosa 21.1km
Mon 21 Aug Yoga
Tues 22 Aug Speedwork
Weds 23 Aug PT + Run Inn 15km
Thurs 24 Aug gym
Fri 25 Aug
Sat 26 Aug Lamington Classic 1 22.5km

Week 5

Sun 27 Aug Lamington Classic 2 22.5km
Mon 28 Aug Yoga
Tues 29 Aug Speedwork (TAPER)
Weds 30 Aug Run Inn 15km
Thurs 31 Aug (TAPER)
Fri 1 Sept (TAPER)
Sat 2 Sept Yoga

Sun 3 Sept 50km GH!

4 comments:

Tamyka Bell said...

While you're busy carving up Lamington, pity me, I'll be a few km away in Canungra military training area *whinge, b!tch, etc* - have a great time!

Lulu said...

Glad to see your mojo is back. Looks like a good plan.

Clairie said...

If you have mojo to spare then hand it out!

What a great day heh?

Lots of fun and good to see all the 'regulars' (yes Hannah that is you!!!) out there.

Can't wait for Sept one though I am told it is like way tougher.

Are you really going to do a speedsession Tues after Noosa??? WOW!

Shane said...

Nice Photo, Good to see that you had a rest day after Saturday, the plan looks good though.

See ya Wednesday.

I also sent the pic Cass took of you and co to the email address in your profile.