Thursday, July 27, 2006

Public Health Hazard. For a Change.

Well, I'm sure you'll all be delighted to know that I am sick... again! *L* I really don't know what's going on with me this winter - normally, I'm healthy as an ox. So far I'm stuck with just an excrutiatingly sore throat and extreme fatigue. My mother had the same thing and now has mild pneumonia (!) but I'm hoping that the fact that I'm healthy and don't smoke like a chimney will prevent it from progressing any further.
I'm eating enough vit C to sink a ship so fingers crossed!

I went to track on the tuesday. Good session, good to break a sweat at last. Feeling like a tub of lard from the time off. It's definitely getting warmer because the mossies are already out in force biting me on the arse. I had skins on, but still I walked around scratching my behind like a bogan. Good job it was dark!

Went for a little run wednesday morning as this was then the bug I've got had started to kick in. Did 5km reasonably quickly for me - my old run took a bit less time, so that was quite nice. Came back in with the hot and cold flushes and gradually felt worse from there.

Consequently, today has consisted of nothing other than a ton of soothers and some croaky swear words, inbetween having to speak for an hour last night at a public forum and then teach for six hours straight today. Blargh. LOL.

Still feeling a bit 'out of the running loop' from all of this. I feel a bit off kilter :( once I get my wednesday night runs back on track, all will probably fall into place. I entered the Bridge to Brisbane today and sent my GH entry off the other day too (decided on the short course this time round, the long one in september)

4 comments:

Shane said...

Sounds like a good decision with the short course at GH. Schultzy said last night that he will try and get up there for the 8k aswell. He is doing the 5k TT then heading up.

I hope you feel better soon, it must be a pain in the arse, especially with those mozzie bites aswell ;)

Seriously I have my fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

Chelle said...

Good decision on the short course, we want you to get better not worse! Dont over do it okay :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah, have you tried taking echinacea (not sure if that's the correct spelling) for your feeling of being run down?
Tank Girl put a thing out on her blog quite a few weeks ago about the different supplements she takes and she mentioned this as a thing to take when feeling a bit low.
Also, have you tried ginseng? It's a good general tonic.
See you tomorrow at the GH. Vegie and I are just doing the 8k but hope to be there in time to cheer you off in the 24k.
Good luck!

Tesso said...

Wise words there from Doctor Davo. Hopefully you can stop these silly colds in their tracks.

See you at GH tomorrow. Should be nice and slushy up there.