Friday, August 04, 2006

meh

Argh, I hate crazy busy weeks! The good news is that my most recent cold seems almost gone. About time! Other good non-running news includes the recent purchase of shiny red shoes. Just call me Dorothy ;)

Anyway...

Track on tuesday was pretty hard. Nasty session, with no drills and a combo of 400m and 800m sets. Yucccckkkk. I still feel really, terminally slow and got my butt whipped by everyone. Only started to feel halfway human towards the end. How does that happen?

Despite my crap running, I enjoyed the last thing we did - we got staggered into 2 second intervals (slowest to fastest, with me being about fourth from the front) and did an all-out, give-it-everything-you've-got-then-fall-over-dead 400m sprint. I went for it and crossed the line joint first with someone from behind. Not really sure what that means exactly, other than that I am perhaps able to do better earlier on in a session than my running suggests. Blah.

Wednesday night saw my first medium long run with the group for a few weeks. Again, utterly, utterly shite session. Angie's garmin said we were running 5:50 pace (though that was what it said at the top of a hill!) and to me, it felt like 5:00 - I struggled like hell and ended up running in with a first timer who had had time off running.

I want to make excuses for myself and say wednesday night was crap because I was tired and had done a weights session at PT that morning, but the truth is that I'm also just shit at running at the moment. I need to suck it up and just keep on keeping on.

Seems I have also managed to miss the cut off date for the Lamington classic accommodation - Schultzy put the wind right up me on tuesday about everyone twisting their ankles up there and now I'm feeling slightly nervous about entering.

I'm sure I'll feel better about everything after this weekend - doing a long run tomorrow 25km-ish which will include another attempt on Mt Cootha with Sam and then the 12km B2B on sunday.

Onwards and up (and up, and upwards)!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Must admit I've been worried about your Lamington assault. Barry from Intraining told me he holds the record for the most number of runs there without falling over - 5!

But don't let that put you off. For me though I'd rather be eating Lamingtons than running it ;-)