Saturday, July 08, 2006

recovery

It's been a pretty easy week this week. Looked like this:

Monday: Rest, glorious rest
Tuesday: 15 minute slllooowww walk at gym + stretching
Wednesday: Gentle group run - 7km easy?
Thursday: Personal Training
Friday: Gym
Saturday: 13km easy
Sunday: 14km easy

km total: 34km

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing a very easy 14km at the West End. Today's 13km easy was a very slow plod from New Farm to Bretts Wharf and back.

It's good to be able to run again, although I've got absolutely no juice in the tank! Bit of a weird feeling really. Can't wait for it to go, but then, I am terribly impatient. How long does it take most people to recover from a marathon, anyway?

I've tentatively pencilled down next saturday as a long run (2 hours?) though I'm not aiming to start pushing hard any time too soon - I'll only make things worse! *grins*
The main thing is that today's run felt better than wednedays and hopefully tomorrow will feel better than today and so on.

Which brings me to try and formulate a cunning plan for the next couple of months. I would like to do these races:

J2J 10km - 23rd July
???GH 50km end july???
B2B 12k - 6 August
BRRC 16k - 13 Aug
Noosa Half - 20 Aug
BRRC 14k - 27 Aug
???GH 50km - 3 Sept???

I am a race slut. Love them. I've probably missed a few too!

There is also another Glasshouse event at the end of July. If I'm recovered fully (which I bloody hell hope I am by then!) I may have a crack at it then. Make hay while the sun shines and all that. I can't decide whether to do it then or in September though. Suzannah from the run inn said she'd do the september one with me, but she's a lot quicker than me, so I'm worried I'd hold her up. Then again, I'm just as worried I'll get lost on my own! Shall have to chat with her about it all.

How much do we all love this time of year? All these races to be run, great weather for it.... life is good!

No comments: