Saturday, July 29, 2006

Glasshouse 24km + six hour at GC?

*claps hands* ladies and gentleman, girls and boys - the running mojo has landed on planet Hannah once more, hurrah! I was starting to fear it wasn't ever coming back!

Woke up at 5am, pulled on my clothes in the dark and hopped in the car. Stopped at my local servo to get some petrol. Every time I do a long run, I seem to end up stopping at my local servo for one thing or another, and the guy in the shop thinks he's gotten to know me. He always asks me where I'm off to at that hour in the morning even though I tell him every time I go in there I'm going running. Then, he tries to get me to do a multi-buy of whatever it is I'm buying, usually water. Yes, it may technically be better value to buy three massive bottles - but I just want the one small one, thankyou.

You would think, after six months of early morning visits, he'd cotton onto the fact that I just want the small one sooner or later, wouldn't you? I'm developing a nasty case of water rage *L* soon I may even resort to taking it out of the tap ;)

Anyway, slight detour there. Where was I? Oh Yes.

Drove up the coast (and think I got done by a speed camera on brekkie creek road, even though my speedo said I wasn't speeding, bugger it). Arrived with plenty of time and hopped out to get my number. Before long, people started rocking up and there was quite a CR convention.

Davo and Vegie Girl arrived to do the 8km but somehow I (according to them ;) managed to twist their arms into doing the 24km with me. My cold was a bit better and hasn't gone to my chest like the last one, so I felt okay to run even though I knew it would be slow. I felt a bit uncomfortable and realised in my early morning stupor, I had put my tights on back to front. Oops.

We chatted our way through the run, walking up the nasty bits. There was a fair amount of mud, but nothing too bad. We bumped into Lady Jove somewhere along the way and ended up running as a group. The scenery was just unreal - it's so beautiful and green up there - the mountains are just stunning.

The time seemed to fly by so fast, before I knew it we were back at the start and finishing the run. 3:13 or so, so a nice long run over a short distance :) Thanks Davo and Vegie for running with me!

Am contemplating doing the six hour track run at the Gold Coast, depending on how things pan out. Apparently, it means I have to join AURA. *LOL* But you know what they say, in for a penny, in for a pound. Are any of you guys going? Six hours is the shortest event.

EDIT: Stop the press! No GC 6 hour for me - have just seen how much it costs to enter! Shall have to do my own long run instead... oh well!

6 comments:

speedygeoff said...

haha I first read that as "clasp hands" and thought you were worried!

I will clasp mine, you keep on clapping!

Tamyka Bell said...

Hey gorgeous, great to see you again today, we're trail girls through and through, aren't we just? Anyway, email me if you want to do our own little 6hr event for free.

Jen said...

So glad to hear that you were able to make it out there today Hannah. I am soooo looking forward to joining you there next year.

Take care of yourself dude
((((JOC)))))

Shane said...

Good to see you again, what a great race, I am now going to try for the Sep race. You done so well considering how you have been feeling.

Cass has a good photo of all of you crossing the line I will email it to as soon as I get it on the computer.

Tesso said...

Well done on Saturday Hannah.

Glad you found that missing mojo. So, was it in one of the mud puddles we had to contend with, or hidden under a rock on Hamburger Hill?

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure and a privilege running with you Hannah. You really are an inspiration. Days like Saturday make you glad to be alive, eh!