Sunday, July 23, 2006

Slightly more motivated

I've been getting much needed pokes and prods from people to update my blog (waves at tracey and sam!) and to get back out there and get back on the horse, so to speak, so here I am!

My week off has been pretty good - scares me that it's so easy to lose the will to exercise - Though I do feel absolutely disgusting without it. Instead, I concentrated on getting more sleep and relaxing...

I went and had a float tank session - best $25 I've spent in ages - sooo relaxing and definitely something I'd recommend for de-stressing. Apparently, they get quite a lot of athlete types using it.

Also had a massage (soooo NOT relaxing!) I really should've done it regularly during the build up to the GCM, but my finances protested. I think it was the most physically painful massage I've ever had. My hamstrings and calves were particularly bad. *wails* she chased knots from my shoulders down to my hips on both sides. Blah!

Contemplated running saturday (running buddies) and today (the Jetty to Jetty was on) but decided to enjoy the rest of my week off. Mustering my enthusiasm (I know it's here somewhere!) the next week is looking like this:

M - easy run a.m - yoga p.m
T - PT a.m - Speedwork p.m
W - medium run - a.m
T - yoga p.m
F - run in the a.m - body balance p.m
S - Glasshouse 24km
S - BRRC 10km

What I really need to do is sit down and write out a program on how to get myself ready for the GH 50km in September....

5 comments:

Shane said...

Sounds like a relaxing week, well minus the massage but that does feel great afterwards.

Good choice not to run this weekend, I think you will be better for it. As soon as you get out there and actually start running your motivation for it will return im sure.

See you at GH, I am really looking forward to this, my longest race to date.

Tesso said...

Glasshouse is going to be fun - a real CR fest! I'm planning on running with my camera. So make sure you are smiling all the way, I could jump out from behind a tree at any time.

Chelle said...

A couple of massages on the lead up to GC made it much easier for me to keep going I'm sure. I dont know what you're paying, but for me $40 for 30minutes pain and then painfree running is well worth it, and still cheaper than the $65 I was paying for physio!!

Tell me more about the floatation tank, I've always wanted a go in one of those thingies!

Toasty said...

Where's the rest day?

Where is the day where you just sit around and blog all day?

Lulu said...

It is amazing how easy it is to not exercise! Hope you're motivation soon returns.