Sunday, July 09, 2006

BRRC 14km 1:22

Went to the West End this morning to do the 14km. Ate a load of carbs yesterday (was my 'cheat' day!) and consequently felt a zillion times better when I woke up this morning. Felt like I actually had a little bit of energy back. Not much, but I wasn't dead on waking like the last week! Going back to yoga seems to agree with me too.

Arrived at the West End and saw the lovely Shane, Cass and Sam. Sam is getting so big. I'm so clucky it's terrible! Angie arrived and I discovered that she's not run this week at all and Phil told her not to run longer than 30 minutes as part of marathon recovery so she was doing the 7km.

*looks around sheepishly after having run 35kms this week*

Oops. Oh well. I've been listening to my body and not pushing it at all so I'm hoping that's okay. I did have a few twinges on the run today, although they settled. Oh, and a rather unpleasant bout of palpitations when I did try to speed up. Again, settled when I slowed down so I think it's just my body telling me not to get my heart rate up too soon.

Todays run was definitely better than yesterday - and in the last couple of kms I was able to up the pace a bit to overtake the girl in front. All up, I'm very happy with my 1:22 - that's under six minute pace and I was comfy the whole way. It may even be a PB for the distance :)

6 comments:

Toasty said...

your body is still working hard repairing from your marathon, so let it .... reverse your taper to get back on track and take it easy

Shane said...

You did look pretty comfy this morning and it is good to hear that the niggles settled throughout the day.

You should take it a little easier for the next week just in case they came back even angrier. I would hate to hear that all the hard work you have done is lost due to injury. I would like to witness your sub 1.55 that you will achieve at Noosa :)

Lulu said...

Looks like a busy race schedule there Hannah. Don't over do it in your recovery from the marathon though.

runlady said...

that's a pretty good run a week from your mara, I'd be very happy with that. I think you are doing the right thing - listening to your body... if you feel good - go for it. Give it a couple of weeks and the fitness from the marathon will kick in and you will be flying. :)
In answer to the question on the blog - my next marathon will be Townsville - but I will be at the 20-ish km glasshouse at the end of July (i think i already answered that when i saw you on Saturday - oh well.)

R2B said...

Not a bad go at all.
GCM time was fantastic!Not many people could realistically start that race and expect to finish so pat yourself on the back again!

Cheers R2B

Unknown said...

Easy does it, Hannah, after your great effort at the GCM. Take care that injury doesn't come back to bite you!