Tuesday, February 13, 2007

some rest

Had the last two days off as rest days - my right big toe was sooo painful on monday, it was insane. I had these horrible stress-fracture thoughts going through my mind, but it's heaps better today so I'm slapping myself for being far too melodramatic. Mostly my ankles and shins are a little sore from all the circles, but aside from that I feel great. Back to it, tomorrow.

I'm a bit irritated at myself that I didn't push on and do the 12 hours, but I suspect that if I had, I would've hurt myself. The pain in my foot was way worse than any of the post-run aches I've had. But, there's always that what-if, what-if. It irks me that I was out on the trails at Binna Burra for hours and hours a few weeks ago, without a problem, but I struggled so hard with complete flat. Anyway, no use stressing about what I can't change.

Lite n'Easy continues to go well... about 3kgs down and creeping closer to my pre-massive-blowout weight again and feeling tons better. Everyone at work ate warm caramel date loaf infront of me in a staff meeting today and on sunday night, my meditation group ate tim tams. So, so far so good - am resisting temptation. Tony (PT) rang today to see how I went at Caboolture so it was nice to be able to say I'd been a model of good behaviour with food! Hopefully it will soon start to show!

Am actually dying to get back out there and train. I want to get my long runs happening properly again and hop back into a decent training routine. I've been watching too much of the Biggest Loser and wishing someone would kidnap me for four months of intense training. I'd LOVE to do it! I wish someone would run a month long bootcamp at a reasonable price :) (spoken like a true endorphin junkie!)

1 comment:

Tamyka Bell said...

Hannah, you were wonderful, and what you've got is a warning sign of pending plantar fasciitis, so do all the right things and you'll be right soon enough.