Thursday, February 15, 2007

positive thoughts...

Went back to running last night. Went a bit slower than normal, but managed an hour or so. This morning, I woke up and found my toe was sore again :( Not as bad as monday, but still ouch. I can still run on it, so had a bit of a walk and ran some stairs this morning. Not wanting to push it too much though :( It's sore on the inside edge at the widest part of my foot :( Hurts if I press on it and aches after exercise. There's no muscle or soft tissue there to damage *worries*

I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see - I can't afford to go and get it checked.

Anyway, positive thoughts!

Last night I bought a proper running backpack so I can run to and from work. Once my foot stops hurting, I'll start doing that, too.

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

Hannah, your toe problem is most probably tendonitus. That would be consistent with your recent running efforts and definitely says that you did the right thing to not continue at Caboolture. Try icing it and rubbing some anti-inflammatory cream into it. I think there is a cream called Voltaren there in Australia that is supposed to be the bees knees. And don't expect it to get better overnight. I have had this and it bugged me for months...all three times. If it hurts, don't keep aggravating it. Find another exercise to do to help you burn calories as I know that's important to you. But believe me, you have to treat these shitty little injuries with a bit of respect.

Ewen said...

Good advice from Steve. I'd add avoid hills or speedwork - keep it slow and easy.

Hope the 'to and from work' goes well. Good for time efficiency :)