Monday, January 31, 2005

Gah! 6.47!

Back to bootcamp this morning after a big weekend of kareoke, mudcake and dinner out. Bad Hannah, Bad! I didnt do the run at West end again - infact, I didn't do any exercise this weekend - decided that I should stay in and work on my thesis which is now nearing completion, thank the gods. I hate sitting infront of my computer at the best of times, but even more so when the sky is blue, the sun is shining and it looks like perfect beach weather!

On friday I had the ultimate healthy eating challenge - did a photoshoot inside a lolly factory... the whole place smelt beautiful, like pineapples and chocolate. I was quite good though and refused most of the free handouts that were sent my way. Fascinating to see how they make stuff though!

For some reason I can't beat my bloody assault course time... can't get lower than 6.41, and today I did bloody 6.47. I'm annoyed at myself because I was slack this weekend. I'm catching myself making mental excuses for myself - wondering if this is just as fit as I get, blah, blah, blah... but I know it's absolute rubbish. I have a tendency to compare my times to the men's too, which never helps. Of course most of them are going to be faster. I went all out on the sprint today and passed a few people... that seems to be where I can pick up some time. I just have to be careful not to wear myself out before the final leg.
Tomorrow I'll go absolutely full tilt, hell for leather and see if that makes any difference.

After the assault course, we had weights which was really intense. One of the trainers wound our trainer up and told her that we'd said she was too soft (which she definitely isnt!) and consequently, she worked us into the ground today!

This afternoon I'm going for a swim, might try squeeze in a run before then... running group is back on this week and I'll also go to kickbox tomorrow night.


No comments: