Tuesday, January 25, 2005

6.41 (again)

I had a bit of a rough day yesterday, all in all. Was really tired from the weekend, but mostly caused by PMT. My ovaries actually physically cramp when I exercise at the moment. Quite a bizarre sensation really and not very nice! Consequently, I buggered my diet slightly by eating naughty things but meh, got to have a little bit of junk now and then or I'd go insane. 0.4kg heavier again today as a result, but live and learn!

I've realised that I've been recording my assault course times wrong because they send us out in four waves, twenty seconds apart. Sometimes I'm in wave one, sometimes wave four. So when I've been saying I've been doing 7.41, I'm actually doing 6.41. So to correct my times, yesterday (being buggered) I got 6.43 and then today back down to 6.41 (which is the same as the assault course before that). It's an improvement on yesterday, but I really would like to get to at least 6.30 this week. We shall see!
At the end of all this, I'll post the summary of my results - which'll be a clearer indication of how I went.

After the assault course, we did a cardio circuit which was an absolute killer. Again, I find everyone leaves me for dead on the sprints, but after two sets when they start to slow a little, I can push through and fly by them. My fitness just doesnt seem to kick in until I get my second wind or something.

Didnt swim today, opted for a bit of a rest - because of bootcamp, I havent been doing as many dedicated runs as I'd like (although I'm running a lot during the bootcamps!) so I'd like to try and get out for a nice long run/walk this evening. Nothing insane, just a gentle effort.

No comments: