Wednesday, January 26, 2005

8.44 Assault Course (with 10kg Backpack)

I think my frantic training is affecting my monthly cycle *rolls eyes* sometimes I hate being female. Not much I can do about that I guess, but still a pain in the bum (quite literally!)

Bootcamp was okay this morning. Felt quite smug being there on a public holiday, when the rest of the gym carpark was deserted. We kept seeing very drunk people staggering home, quite amusing to watch. I did the assault course this morning in 8.44 (first wave) but I did have a 10kg backpack strapped to me. Awful, awful thing. Contemplating running with a weighted backpack at home too. Can definitely feel how much quicker you are when you take it off.

After the assault course, we did another cardio circuit. My knees are almost bleeding from doing army crawl over bark chips. I'm quite looking forward to finishing the bootcamp - running when you're really tired to begin with isnt much fun, although I'm sure it does wonders for stamina. I find myself daydreaming about running sans bootcamp fatigue, bouncing effortlessly down the street (ha, well, a girl can dream!) As soon as this is all over I'm going to start seriously recording my times and distances.

Running group isnt on tonight, being a public holiday and all :( Shall have to make the effort to go for a walk anyway :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hannah you have my total and complete sympathy as I am experiencing the same female phenomenon! I thought exercise was supposed to help!!!!! Lorna (aka The Owl)