Thursday, January 27, 2005

Hips!

This morning my alarm went off at 5am and I crawled out of bed to get ready for bootcamp. As I walked past the mirror, bugger me if I havent suddenly sprouted the beginnings of hips! As someone who is pretty much straight up and down, with less boobs than Ryan off 'The Biggest Loser', I can't express how excited I was to see some sort of undulation occurring between my armpits and thighs!

So I think bootcamp is definitely starting to have an effect, which is lovely, because yesterday, as I was crawling through mud, bark chips and being bitten by bull ants in the pouring rain at 5am, I did find myself wanting to cry, hug the ground and go back to bed. But hurrah, today I feel like a new woman, spurred on by my new found hipfullness.

I went to bed really early last night which I think helped with this mornings effort - we did a team challenge which was basically a lot of sprinting up hills, collecting weights and running back with them. We did about five heats and my team won four of them *weg* I can feel myself getting fitter and fitter, the others have started to comment on the fact I'm getting more tone and I'm getting faster at running. Bargain!

I have to say, I'm killing my new shoes... At times I'm up to my shins in wet grass, mud and stagnant water - I ruined the last pair (although they were cross trainers) by doing similar things to them. I went scouting through CR for some hints on how to stop your shoes smelling awful and drying them out - so shall stuff them with newspaper and some bicarbonate of soda and see if that helps matters.

My new fascination in life is currently counting kjs. Having already lost 50kgs (pity the poor bugger who finds it!) I've never counted calories - but I'll do it if it means I can finally shift these last, three kilograms. I'm actually really interested in nutrition - I sort of want to know how it all works. This is what I ate yesterday:


Breakfast:
Diet Strawberry Yoghurt 333kj
one large banana 545kj


Lunch:
Subway Classic Club Salad (with dressing) 1512kj


Snack:
Handful of Cashews 1500kj


Dinner:
Lean Cuisine Fish fillet 505kj
Large Leafy Green Salad w tomato, cucumber 700kj
Small Diet Icecream 505kj


Totals:
Breakfast 878KJ
Lunch 1512kj
Snack 1500kj
Dinner 1710kj


Daily Total 5600kj



Apparently, for me to lose weight, I'm suppose to consume no more than 6500 calories a day, so I'm actually under my daily limit quite substantially - whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, with the amount of exercise I do, I'm not sure. Generally, I don't go hungry and I try not to eat unless I feel hungry. I think perhaps I should get rid of the cashew nuts and replace with fruit, but I love them!

No comments: