Thursday, December 28, 2006

bleurghhhhh!

Went for my first post-xmas run last night... felt every single mouthful I've eaten in the last two weeks! Bleurgh... mind you, we did go out at a reasonable pace (for me and Ronnie, anyway!) doing 5:43's for 10k. I can't believe I ran Doomben last year quicker than that, for twice as long!

Still, that's what slacking off does for you!

Did go and see Uncle Phil early to nut out a training program. As much as I'd like to do it, I think 6ft is off the cards for this year. Mostly because I don't think I'll be fit enough by that time and the date also clashes with my Mother arriving back from the UK after three months.

Basically though, I've got a month of working on base fitness - my long run will be an hour and a half with no increases til Feb. I'm going to try and hang on to Sam for as long as possible, Ronnie is going to do the same to me and between us, we should hopefully all improve!

I will get quicker, I will! LOL!

2 comments:

Ness said...

Hi Hannah, I came across your website by chance and have been fascinated by your diaries. I have only been running for a couple of years and we have the same running goals!! 2006 was crappy for me as I had lots of colds and I injured my hip and my ankle, but all is good now (touch wood) and I should be back running this year. I am also contemplating the Kokoda Challenge this year (scary!!). Congratulations on all your efforts. You are an inspiration. I have sent a link to your site to some friends of mine who only started running last year - I was talking about you last night at a party and they were very excited to hear your story. Waiting in anticipation for updates, Vanessa Fairgray :)

Clairie said...

Hi there Hannah,

Great to see you inspire others as well as your long term friends.

Glad to hear 6ft is off the cards. Now we can get you stuck into Caboolture (only weeks away now....) then it is full on into the racing season leading up to Gold Coast. Lots of trail runs - which I know you love too - will be good to have you out there for Glasshouse this year.

I hope this year is the year of inspirations for you. That you get on top of the weight issue (and in fact realise it is not really an issue), get stuck into your running (and train sensibly and plan your races...like the rest of us do ha ha ha ha mmmm) and really experience the joys that running can bring.

May there be many Mount Coothas in your diary this year.

Lots of love and well wishes for 2007
Clairie