Thursday, December 21, 2006

blah... need to detox!

Oh....god..... I can't wait for xmas to be over and be back to normal drink/eat patterns. I've got two more xmas parties to go (I've counted up about eight parties in total) and I'm feeling like a giant balloon. Ick. I don't normally drink and I rather suspect I made it into double figures tonight at my work function. Bleurgh. I've got a 5.30am personal training session tomorrow, more fool me. What was I thinking ?!!?!

Last night I went for the xmas run at the Run Inn which was nice. We went via Vic and Barbs place. Vic hasn't been very well, so it was nice to go and sing carols at them and spread some xmas cheer in a sea of orange shirts.

Told Uncle Phil (aka Coach) about the six foot track plans. KT reckons that because I did an ultra in the cut off time I can do six foot if I want. Uncle Phil wants to talk about it some more *weg* I think he thinks I may break my neck if I try it this year. Which is a fair concern I guess. I am more than a little undercooked. I dunno. I'm just gagging to get back into hardcore training for a goal. Anyway, I'll go and harrass him next week sometime with my crazy plans for the year and we can work something out. The main goal is 100km and a sub-4 marathon anyway. Six foot is just a passing fascination with the seemingly impossible. The minute someone tells me I can't, the minute I want to prove that I can.... ;)

I had some fun making the CR xmas logo last week. Looks like I might be doing a spot more web design stuff for local running clubs. We shall see!

Happy xmas y'all :)

7 comments:

Lulu said...

Happy Christmas to you too! I'm sure you could do 6ft if you wanted to...

Tesso said...

I've been admiring that CR logo for days - well done.

Just in case I don't see ya in the next few days ... MERRY XMAS!!!

Ewen said...

I'm with Lulu. To tell you the truth, a sub-7 hour 6' is more equivalent to a 4:30 marathon. Both the hills are walked. I also walked most of the last 10k this year and still made sub-7. You can do it Hannah!

Jen said...

I have no doubt that you can do it Hannah :-)

I hear you on the 'ick' scale - I'm certainly feeling that way!

Take care of yourself & thanks chicky for all your wonderful support during the year. Bring on 07 - I'm ready - sounds like you are too!

miners said...

Merry Christmas 6FT girl! With your determination girl, you'd do it, and do it well. All the best for the sub-4 M too though!

have been loving the CR hannah bannah :)

Unknown said...

Have a great Christmas Day, Hannah, & of course you can do 6ft!

Cirque said...

I hope you have a lovely Christmas Hannah!

Hope to catch up in the new year.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX