Saturday, September 02, 2006

the big 5-0 tomorrow!

Haven't blogged in ages! Haven't read blogs in ages... more to the point, haven't read CR in ages! What is the world coming to? ;)

Mostly, I've been working hard - unit hunting seems to have been successful. I found a great two bedroom unit in Hamilton. It's very run down, but that means the rent is cheap. With some TLC and possibly an argument with the real estate about needing a new cooker, it'll be fine. It's near kingsfordsmith drive, almost on the river - which has miles and miles of bikepaths and my fave running spots :) I went past the end of the road almost every week during my long runs for the coast... funny how these things turn out!

I've also been writing applications for exhibiting at various galleries around bris in 2007 and trying to put together a grant to fund the research and production for my book. Fingers crossed!

Soooo..... tomorrow (or rather, it's going to seem like tonight) is the big 5-O. I'm soooo unbelievably nervous. Way worse than the GCM. I haven't done much running at all in the last two weeks. I am feeling terrified, but underneath that I have some vague zen sense of acceptance in my impending fate, whatever that may be! ;)

I'm also looking forward to having a rest, truth be told. The more I think about it, the more the lets-have-fun approach for a while appeals. Wednesday night was the lovely Tracey's first run back after her stress fracture and torn stomach muscle and we've decided to kick back into things together. She has to ease back into it slowly, I have to recover from GH and work on running quicker than a slow lollop again. Together we shall be victorious, muahahaha!

2 comments:

Shane said...

Hey welcome back, good find with the unit and good luck with tomorrow. It will be a great achievement and I look forward to reading all about it when you have enough energy to type :)

Ewen said...

Ah, what a sad world when you can't read blogs!

I hope the big 5-0 went well Hannah. Should be a good read.