Wednesday, September 20, 2006

3.2kgs down and feeling better :)

Feeling better :) Have lost 3.2kgs of the extra 5kgs of doom. Xenecal is interesting stuff. I admit, I found it a bit scary that they would give me the stuff that easily - I was right on the threshold of not having a big enough BMI. I only qualified for it because of the family risk of diabetes. I had a bit of a mental fight with myself because using it feels a bit like 'cheating' - but at the end of the day, I was spiralling back the way I used to be and needed to take control again. So I'm not going to feel guilty about using dietary aids. I've got nothing to prove any more ;)

In the end I bought a 2 week supply because it's as expensive as all hell and will see how I go. Really, I'm just looking at it as a kick start. If you eat a very low fat diet (which I do normally) it doesn't really make any difference. Except it makes me extra cautious about not eating the wrong stuff. Another deterrent is always good.

I feel so much better being 3kgs lighter again. Did track last night and though I still ran badly, it wasn't so much of a struggle. I did the whole session which I haven't done in a few weeks.

Tonight is medium long run and I'm looking forward to it! I really must be picking up again!

5 comments:

Clairie said...

That's a lot of weight to be losing so quickly Hannah.

Watch your energy levels as the dietary supplements take all the good stuff too and you end up low in Iron and other nutrients....

Stephen Lacey said...

Hannah, I have often read about your battles with the weight and sometimes wonder whether you (or any of us for that matter) need to take a total calorie budget approach. I didn't know much about this or how to go about it, but imagined some kind of customised database application that could account for food consumed and exercise plus other ordinary activities. I did a Google search and lo and behold, buried a bit down the list I found something that seems to be the ants pants. You can trial it free for 15 days, but then it costs some money. I've been giving it a bit of a trial run this morning and it does look really, really good. Probably requires bit of time to learn how to use it and set up wit hyour foods/menus and so on, but once going would be fairly simple to keep up to date -- especially if you ate the same thing every day for a while (you would set that up as a menu). anyway, here is the URL if you want to check it out:
http://www.x3msoftware.com/calorie-counter.htm

Hope this helps.

Ewen said...

Glad you're feeling lighter and better Hannah. Makes running more enjoyable, that's for sure.

Shane said...

Im sure you will be sensible with this but be careful and eat well.

It's good to hear that you are looking forward to your training again, you have sounded a bit down about it especially after GCM.

Enjoy tonights run, I wont be there but hopefully I will see you on Sunday.

One last thing, as the creator of the Bribie bash website obviously you will be competing what event are you doing?

Anonymous said...

watch out for being too low fat. fat does trigger a hormone to let you know you're full. the fit french have tartine almost daily. a 1/3 of a baguette, cut in half, butter (NOT margarine... transfat and from a factory) schmeered on it. probably not thickly, but still, butter is butter.
just don't cut out all the fat. good fats are... well, they're good.

congrats on the 3.2 kgs. 1 is hard to lose. and don't feel guilty. you're not taking diet aids while watching hours of the telly on your couch. you're very active compared the the average westerner. if you need a little help, so what. you're not cheating. it's just an aid. a helper.