Saturday, September 23, 2006

2 hours and a new place!

Met Sam at 4.30am this morning to go for a two hour run. It reminded me of GCM training, running along the brissie river with the water soooo still. We met so early because I had to be back by 7am for my sofa to be delivered.

The good news is that I'm now in my new unit and just sorting through stuff and getting settled. Hopefully I should be able to read more blogs and comment a little more! Sorry, guys ;) I feel terrible not answering questions or leaving you all comments. Still, new house, new start!

The two hours was done at a very slow pace and was a bit of a struggle towards the end. I can't believe not so long ago I was running 42.2 on the flat and feeling fine for at least the first 3 hours. Oh well. My legs remembered how to work so with a few more repeated efforts, I'm hoping my form (such that it was, ahaha!) will reappear. Sam is a bit quicker than me normally, so once I get back into it, she's going to start upping the pace on me a bit. That should get me faster!

I have now lost 4.8kgs - monday marks a week of xenecal. I feel fine - actually, I feel heaps better without the extra weight. Now all I have to do is keep up the good work for a few more weeks and I'll be back to fighting fit in time for summer :) Naturally, when I eat low carb diets it tends to drop off me at the start. I have no doubt that now I'm hovering back towards where my weight has stabilised in the past (76-79kgs) it'll slow right down. But, the emphasis will always be on healthy eating. I'd love to get to 70kgs, but we shall see! Not up for starvation to get there LOL!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yah. New home is a new start! You must be really happy to be settled in.

Congrats on the weightloss!

Toasty said...

You looked good at the end of your run. I'd take that as a positive sign that you are oing well getting back into it.

Toasty said...

"d" ... i missed a "d", so here it is!