Sunday, September 17, 2006

Two laps of Mount Cootha and White Goods

Again, a huge gap in blogville, sorry guys! I should hopefully be moving on wednesday, so fingers crossed, by the end of the week everything will be back to normal. For the curious, I'll be moving to Wooloowin, just near clayfield/nundah on the northside - very near a lovely park and prime running area! (though, is also smack bang in the middle of crazed-brisbane-runner-rapist territory, so we'll see!)

On the plus side, I've spent most of the last week or so trying to get my head straight about everything. Mostly freaking out over the fact I'm 5kgs heavier, which, I must say, is a sterling effort, even for me! Still, nothing to do but get it off again.

Yoga monday, did a track session tuesday (still feeling crappy) medium long run wednesday (now tracey is back it's fab, yay!) PT on friday and then my long run (!) today as it was pouring saturday. I used the alone time to think about everything - I ran about 2:45 and did two sloooow laps of mount cootha at a walk/run. Felt reasonable, although I'm half dead from my trainers attempt to kill me on friday still. My thighs are in agony!

I do love the changing smells on mount cootha - warm eucalypt, cool air wafting through the trees. Yummy. And, I got SPOTTED! by a cyclist cool runner - I must have looked amusing - It took me a while to process the fact that a cyclist was yelling 'GO COOLRUNNER!" at me - I thought they were yelling, "GET OFF THE ROAD" or somesuch! LOL! Not sure who it was - didn't recognise them with glasses and a helmet! Anyone?

So, my trainer has a nifty idea about getting me to drop the extra weight - firstly, I'm going to eat the same thing for an entire week. I admit, I'm a creature of habit, so that's capitalising on that fact. Have to get me out of my bad habits again.

Even though I find it incredibly embarrassing to admit, I talked to him a bit about my comfort eating issues and his solution (which is quite clever, actually) is to take the emotion out of food - get the focus back on food being something I have to do to live, rather than something to live to do. Simple really, but we shall see if it works. I'm also contemplating going on Xenecal. Nearly took it when I was much heavier, but then even when I was seven kgs lighter than I am now, I could never shift the last five kilograms. So maybe it'd help, we shall see! My other strategy is possibly going to see the Psychologist - can get three free appointments through work - might help, who knows. Maybe some good strategies for breaking myself of the habit once and for all, dealing with the issues or whatever.

Now seems like the best time to be doing all of this stuff - while I'm moving, it's a perfect time to break old habits and form new ones. New stage in my life and all that. Accordingly I spent a TON of money today on white goods, gods help me. Tomorrow shall do the same at IKEA. But, at least my new place will look beautiful!

My plan for the week is to get up and do **something** every morning - even if it's just a slow jog/walk for 30 minutes. Will do track and medium long run and long run as per usual - just want to start throwing in other stuff, other classes and things as well.

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Hiya Hannah.

All sounds good to me. It doesn't matter what your size - those last few kilos are the worst in the world to shift.

What do you mean you are going to eat the same thing everyday? For each meal or just copy the days?

Don't go see the pshycologist, he may tell you to stop running so much ha ha ha

BTW I think that may have been Undercover Bro on the hill - sounds like him anyhow.

miners said...

That plan for the week looks like a solid bet. "Just doing something" is a pretty sensible programme in my book. Best of luck with it, and with the new look on food as fuel. Something we should all really focus on to be honest.

btw - the cyclist wasn't me I'm afraid ;)

Jen said...

Just in case you were wondering, the cyclist wasn't me either ;-)

Just doing something sounds like a sensible way to get back in the habit again. You WILL shift those kgs Hannah - I'm sure once things settle down at home, you will find yourself back in your old habits. Keep smiling dude