Saturday, April 14, 2007

What the Doc Said

So I woke up this morning and (Carpe Diem) rang the doctors. Went in and he poked and prodded it and on monday I'm going for a blood test (to rule out gout, of all things! I thought only old men who drank too much got gout) and another xray to check for stressies.

If the xray comes back clear, he'll then send me for a bone scan. Depending on what happens with that, the next step would be a trip to the bloody orthopaedic surgeon. (*freaks out and attempts deep breathing*)

Id quite like it to be gout actually, since that's easily treated. Or even a stressie that's not yet healed. Or basically anything that doesn't involve letting anyone with a big fat needle/knife near my foot!

I think, ladies and gentlemen, that all 100 mile bets are off until I get the results :(

Soooooooo unbelievably annoying. But at least there's now a plan of attack, even if it does suck.

2 comments:

Stephen Lacey said...

I don't often comment on your blog, Hannah, but I am always keeping an eye on you. I'm sorry to hear that your foot keeps giving you grief (and that the other one tried to go out in sympathy). It does sound like the ultra ultra might be a bit tough under these circumstances. But it's OK, don't despair, this may simply not be the time. Get your foot and whole body right, and when you do it, do it well. There is a long road of opportunity ahead.

Jen said...

I'm with Stephen - when you do the big one, make sure you are in the condition to do it well. There are many long trail runs ahead of both of us!