Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ho Hum

So... nothing much to report on the exercise front really except more swimming and double sets of push ups, sit ups etc at circuit training to avoid the intermittent shuttle runs!

I went and had my root canal work which was positively the most painful experience of my life to date, surpassing a burst appendix. I've not had kids though, so perhaps my comparison is unfair! Came out with a very light wallet and a very big payment plan :(

I went to have my xray, which was conveniently located next door to the dentist, only to discover that they didn't bulk bill. Consequently, I couldn't have it done and after a bit of calling around and some blubbing in my car, drove out to Indooroopilly where they do bulk bill.

The good news is that xray showed no visible fractures. I was due to go back to the podiatrist today. Or at least I thought I was, based on the appointment card given to me. I got out of work and arrived for the appointment, only to discover the receptionist had written the wrong date (the 1st instead of the 2nd). Oops. I dropped the xrays off and cancelled the appointment for tomorrow because my boss is being very understanding, about me skipping out, but between the my foot and my teeth, I'm only compelled to push my luck so far.

At the end of the day, I just can't really afford to go back to the podiatrist or to have an MRI so I'm just going to have to wing it. My foot actually feels heaps better, so currently I think I might try to have a bit of a sneaky run this weekend sometime to see how it holds up. If it starts hurting again, I'll assume it is a SF, stop, bite the bullet and take the next four weeks off. Really that's all anyone can do anyway!

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Hope the sneaky run goes well Hannah. Might be just a grade 1 stressie. A week off is good enough for those.