Saturday, March 17, 2007

Behold, for today I RAN!

Had a bit of a late night last night due to a work function, so I got up at 6am and headed out along the bike paths. I do love where I live - it's so close to kilometres of pretty tracks perfect for running, walking and cycling. There are always heaps of people around on the weekend too, so I feel safe going out alone.

I went out with the intention of having an easy run just to test my foot out. It was really hard going at the start - I've been sick the last week or so and I'm still not 100% and my lungs felt really sort of 'stiff' from it. After half an hour or so, I felt like my body remembered what it was supposed to do whilst running and it got a little easier. My legs felt fine pretty much the whole time - I guess that's from having weeks off, plus I'm now carrying almost 8kgs less weight around with me, which surely has to help!

Arrived back home an hour and a half later. But there were quite a few walk breaks in there, too. I went out with the intention of doing 5kms or so, but it just felt so good to get my heart rate up a little!

The best news is that my foot held up... only able to feel it very slightly once or twice on the run and it was fine after. Despite todays over enthusiasm, I'm going to ease back into it over the next few weeks. No track for another week or two, probably no wednesday night run next week either.

This break has definitely fired me up to work harder and run faster than ever before...

I'm on the way back, baby! Look out! ;)


6 comments:

Tamyka Bell said...

Yay Hannah! So happy to hear that! BTW looks like your BMI is ready to dip under 25 - another brilliant achiever. I'm so happy that things are looking up for you. Hope you're still pondering the big ones this year.

Jen said...

Hey babe,

So sorry for not dropping by recently. I've just discovered that your blog had disappeared off my Bloglines. Grrrr.

Anyhoo I'm shocked to hear about your stressie but I'm glad it's on the mend. Congrats also on the weightloss - that is fantastic!

Thanks for your support also - much appreciated :-)

I've just noticed your goals for this year - we should talk :-)

Ewen said...

That's great news Hannah. You will run faster than ever before. Take it gradually.

Tesso said...

Things are definitely on the up for you Hannah ... except for your weight :)

It was great to catch up yesterday, you look faaaaantastic! Keep up the good work.

Lulu said...

Like Jen you had dropped off my bloglines. Glad to hear your foot is on the mend. Let's hope you will be fully mended very soon and you can enjoy your weight loss and it's effect on your running!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you at Wild-horse, Hannah. That's if I recognise the new, light-weight, springy-steppin' Hannah!