Saturday, March 03, 2007

Well, I snuck out for my sneaky run at Sandgate this afternoon. I went for a half hour, with a few walk/water stops thrown in because it was about 10.30am and bloody hot.

This wasn't the smartest idea I've ever had.

My foot felt okay during the run itself, but by the time I got home and showered and changed and things, it's back to being sore even just to walk around on.

Bugger it :(

So I'll give it another couple of weeks and try again, I guess!

Anyway, my running pal Ange sent me an email about her swim squad, so I think I'll give it a go next week. I'm slightly terrified, considering I can get about 300m before having to switch to anything-but-freestyle but everyone has to start somewhere, I guess!

78.9kgs (6.1 KG down!)

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Bad luck Hannah. Yes, try it in a couple of weeks. Start with 10 minutes.

Well done on the 6.1 - that's great!

Robert Song said...

Doh!

I have always been amazed how rapidly I improve my swimming when I do it three or four times a week. In no time you will be doing 1K no stops.

Martin said...

Hannah, any reason why you don't want to go and get a bone scan?

They are free on Medicare you just need a referral from a GP, which is also free if they bulk bill.

What will do if it hurts in 2 weeks again? You should get a clinical diagnosis (unless you want to be totally safe and have 6 weeks off), so you can plan whatever rest/reccovery is needed.

Anyway, just some advice as I've been through it myself once or twice..hope it comes good, cheers, MPH