Saturday, January 27, 2007

27:30 TT and New Hair ;)


I went to do the 5km TT this morning, after wussing out on a run yesterday... I just couldn't drag myself out of bed and then when I got up, I spent the whole day cleaning and doing eight million loads of washing. It was disgustingly humid at the Time trial and I almost threw up mid run from the effort. Did 27:30 though, which was about 25 seconds quicker than last month.

Today, I also got my hair cut a lot shorter (it was past my shoulders and a bit like a giant hairy blanket!) My head now feels all light and floppy. But I like it :) Not sure what it'll look like after copious amounts of exercise, but only one way to find out! It definitely looks healthier, which is good.

I did Track on tuesday and ran my fastest 400m in a while at track... 1:40 and that was with sore, sore glutes from Binna Burra. Yay me.

Wednesday was a medium long run, although a new lady came so Ronnie and I had to take her out - we did a 6km loop then dropped her back and took off for a few more kms. I hope we didn't kill her - both of us were chomping at the bit but we kept the pace down I think. Have to see if she comes back next week!

Thursday I did Personal Training - Tony thinks I should go onto the CSIRO diet for a while, but it involves lots of cooking and I am, for want of a better word, a shitful cook - and even if I wasn't, I don't have much time to do so. I'm going to ask him to write me a week's diet instead. With easy stuff that doesn't involve effort ;) You wouldn't think food could be such a major thing, would you? But it is for me, as we all know!

I watched Blue Crush last night and am feeling all inspired - I want to look like that surfer girl ;) at least, I want to be that toned, anyway!

6 comments:

Shane said...

Nice running Hannah, a good improvement on last months effort.

I like the new style, it would be a welcome relief at the moment with the heat.

I agree food preparation can be very time consuming. We have both books of the CSIRO diet. Nice meals however they do take alot of time and some recipes are very expensive to buy the exact ingredients for. I like using them on occassions but not every day.

Ewen said...

1:40 is good Hannah!

The new hair suits you. Got to be cooler for running too :)

Tesso said...

Nice do :-)

Peterhorse said...

hey Hannah, nice hair cut, now you will be an even cooler coolrunner!

Clairie said...

Hi Hannah,

I have my family on the 2nd CSIRO eating plan now.
I find it so much easier than eating normally - the meals are all planned and I can do the shopping in advance.
I used to just go home and cook whatever I felt like - which tended to be a lot of carb (convenience) foods like pasta and rice. Not all that bad but not great either.
Now we eat so much fresh food - vege and fruit. The carbs are still there but in better form - brown rice etc and not as often. So i guess I am spending more time cooking but it is quality time. I save time on shopping and freezing/defrosting etc.
Also if you plan ahead you can make meals in advance - ie make the fruit salads and the vege salads and the cous cous etc so at dinner all you have to do is grill some meat or fish, then thats when I find it works best for me.
Great Hair!

Anonymous said...

Hannah

Love the hair! definately made for speed.