Monday, December 05, 2005

900m swim

I thought I might feel really really sore today, but thankfully only the muscles over my lower back and the muscles that go over the top of your elbows are achey. Everything else is a little tired but fine, though 48 hours after a race is usually when I feel worst, so we'll see! I'm even contemplating going to track tomorrow night because I don't have to work (or rather, I'm not going to work!) We shall see!

Went to the pool this afternoon, did 900m (with rests after 300m) before getting kicked out of my lane for swim school. My freestyle is really starting to feel better in terms of getting a rhythym and because of that, my body is a bit more relaxed in the water - which is helping my breathing too :)

I seem to have gotten a much better grip on my diet now too, having lost the four (yes, FOUR!) kgs I put on recently and am back to 77kgs. If I can just keep it up, I'm going to hit 75kgs before I go to the UK. I'd even like to get to 73kgs if possible (2kgs being insurance against inevitable xmas gluttony!) But having said that, I leave on Dec 15th, so perhaps that's a bit of an unrealistic goal. As long as the scales don't go up from here on out, I'll be reasonably happy!

Plan for this week:

mon: swim (900m DONE)
tues: track (moderate effort) or 10k cruisy run
weds: 10km Group Run
thurs: swim + weights
fri: REST
sat: REST
sun: Kurruwa 25km

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Wow, your swimming is really coming along. 900ms when you were struggling to do 100 a few weeks ago. That's great. Glad you had such a great time doing your tri.

I was at Pilates the other day and our instructor was congratulating an ironwoman who was in our class. Apparently she came fairly high up in the worlds recently. (I think she said 9th!) I was interested to see her body shape. As you say broad shoulders and very lean on the upper body and trunk. She would have been nearly 6ft as well I think so would have been quite heavy.

Tamyka Bell said...

Good work! Hey, those two rest days look like fun... see you Sunday!

Katie said...

Good on you hahanh!! 4kg is an huge effort! Just enjoy christmas... you know you can loose it if needed :-)

Glad to hear you pulled up feeling pretty good!