Wednesday, December 07, 2005

10km run and discoveries

Yesterday I went for a cruisy 50 minute run. Interesting being in an entirely new suburb and finding all the new places to run. I actually discovered a bike path with permanent exercise apperatus on it - so I can do a bit of circuit training when I feel like it :) The whole area is absolutely FULL of hills too which is quite nasty (but good for me too!)

Today I lounged around by the pool for a few hours with a friend which was bliss. I think that when I get back from the UK, a CR/running friend pool party and barbeque may be in order! I'm thinking hawaiian theme... fairy lights.... cocktails and music... got to make the most of this place while I'm here!

Tonight I did my 10km or so with the Run Inn Crowd. Phil very kindly extended my bike loan indefinitely, which is sooo nice of him - so I can settle into training on it for the next tri or eight. It gives me a little more breathing (saving!) room in which to scrape the money together for my own bike. It was so unbelievably humid tonight, I sweated buckets and it felt like we ran for 2 hours not just 10km or less. Such hard work! I kept up with the faster people until the last ten minutes or so then fell back a minute or so. I'm not going to bust a gut with the weekend looming, anyway!

With all the panicking I did over the tri, I got distracted from panicking about Kurruwa. Which was probably a good thing. Only a few more days to stress! Meh! I'm sure it'll be fine. Caught up with MJ tonight and Sam and I are going to carpool with her and Mark down there and back. Should be good fun! Will probably run with the Running Buddies on saturday but do a very, very, very cruisy effort. Mostly for the breakfast after, anyway!

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Good heat training for Kurrawa there Hannah - the 10k run I mean, not the lounging around the pool :-)

See ya Saturday morn.

2P said...

It is always nice to find somewhere new to run. I like the sound of lounging around a pool a whole lot more than the sound of 10k in humid conditions - good on you for getting through it ;-)

Katie said...

Great news about the bike!!! Always nice to be able to try before you buy :-)
Lounging by the pool... now that is good training :-)

Unknown said...

Nice way to spend Christmas, Hannah...lounging in a pool! Maybe ask Santa for one of your own!