Saturday, June 16, 2007

50 minutes

Finally went for a run this morning, after getting over the worst of the bug. I haven't been that sick in ages! Blah!

Met Linda at the park down the road and we did a slow 50 minute plod. Hopefully we can increase that slow 50 minute plod to 60 minutes next week.

My MRI is booked for thursday. If it doesn't show anything (and therefore that I am not doing myself any major damage through increasing training) I've decided I am going to just going to bite the bullet, stick my head down and try and run through the pain. If something does show up (and I totally can't believe it won't!) I guess I can find out what my options are but at least I'll know where I'm at.

Thinking about going to Lake Manchester tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Glad to hear you were able to run Hannah. Your last post was a bit worrying.

By the way, you can gain a lot of fitness with 50 - 60 minute 'slow plods'. In fact, it's better base building than fast running.

If the pain's bearable and doesn't get worse, try running every second day. Over time, it could disappear. No harm in trying.

Clairie said...

Good luck with the MRI tomorrow.

Hurry back and give us all the news as quick as possible :)

Big hugs
clairie