Sunday, November 26, 2006

update

Over the last few weeks, I've been focussing on getting fitter, thinner and more positive about my running. I'm back to doing two hour long runs (hurrah!) and am starting to feel the benefit, although it's making any runs I do a day either side of them crap.

The scales are moving the right way and I appear to have once again found the will power to say no to the veritable sugar-and-carb-fest that is my workplace, bless them! What I can't work out is how all my colleagues are so skinny. Sooo not fair. My theory is, once you've managed to turn down **unbelievable** french patisserie chocolate mud cake, double cream *and* dreamy donuts in the one day, you've come too far to give up!

It's actually amazing how socially incorrect it is to refuse cake/chocolate/naughty food. People actually almost get offended. I suppose it's the same thing as drinking. I don't drink (well, very very rarely anyway) and when you go out, if you don't have an alchoholic drink in your hand, people think there's something wrong with you. Very weird. At least with runners or fitness freaks you can say you're in training ;)

Circuit training is going really well. Loving being outdoors and with other people and it's in the perfect location for me. I've trained six days this week. Finally took today off as a rest day, since yesterday was a bit of a killer.

Yesterday, I went to do the 5km TT out at Shorncliffe, but arranged to meet Sam at 5am, then Tracey at 5:45am to run with them to make two hours running time total. Gods, it was hot. I sweated and huffed and puffed my way through the runs and ended up back at ye olde faithful marathon plod which at least keeps me moving forwards. The last 5km took 32 minutes *ROTFLMAO* I didn't feel too bad about that though, considering I've absolutely whipped my own butt this week.

Plans for the week ahead:

Mon: a.m circuit training, p.m social run (if I can get there in time!)
Tues: p.m track
Weds: a.m circuit training, p.m medium long run
Thurs: a.m hours run/walk on own or swim
Fri: a.m circuit training
Sat: a.m Mount Cootha 15km
Sun: Rest Day

Sam and I also made an executive decision yesterday that we're not going to run Kurruwa this year. Neither of us feel fit enough and we'd rather do Mt Cootha as usual.

I'm getting new shoes next week, too. The next 2110's are PINK! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Good to hear you're positive and getting back there Hannah.

Maybe think about resting or cross-training on the days either side of the 2hr runs?

Savour the flavour of good fruit - that makes it easier to say 'no'. Besides, you're an athlete! They shouldn't be offended.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your efforts are paying off for you! I'm sure I'd have trouble keeping up with your training schedule. See ya next Sat for some Coot-tha madness? This time, all the way to the top without stopping? I'm game if you are :-).

Clairie said...

Not doing Kurrawa??????

Well your executive decision just got squashed. YOU GOTTA DO IT. Wouldn't be the same to be out there and not see blessed Hannah working her guts out.

Who else am I going to cheer in and splash with a cold can of coke?????

I am sure I will see the wiseness of it all when I am at the 15km mark and burning up. However right now, I am disappointed. It was going to be so much fun to run past Geoff Williams (all us girls) and see him squirm. LOL

I still luv ya oh and by the way if you really really don't do Kurrawa you should do the BRRC DASH N SPLASH. Because they have like $1000 worth of vouchers to give away on that day AND a great BBQ after the race. Go on rope Sam in for that one too!