Sunday, November 12, 2006

yay...blah....

I have had a bit of an up and down week.

Circuit training is going well, enjoying the variety of sessions and being outdoors. Track is not so great with me feeling incredibly slow most of the time (but at least doing the whole session, which is something I suppose!) I have also eaten extrodinarily well all week, feel better for it and then got on the scales to discover I have put weight on. Again. *grrr*

Wednesday night running was okay, although training twice a day (circuit in the morning) was a bit of a killer. Thursday I did personal training which was, as usual, really hard. My trainer has a new torture device - I mean, machine - that vibrates at various frequencies. Then you do squats and stuff on it and the vibrations make your muscles work twice as hard to do the same exercises. I could hardly walk the next day!

Yesterday I went to the Regatta to do a planned two hour session. Ran out feeling like utter crap and thought I'd be walking shortly. Almost exactly after 5km of badness, I suddenly felt really, really good like I did when I was doing really long runs for the GCM. It was so nice to feel like that - I'd forgotten how good it is to run well.

I turned around at the hour mark and I really must've been going faster because I did the return 20 minutes faster than I went out! I think what that means is that I was moving really slowly on the outward leg!

Today I went to the 10km BRRC run at the West End. The AGM was today so there were quite a few people there. I was asked if I wanted to be involved in the committee this year, but bearing in mind that I hardly have time to breathe at the moment, I said no.

The 10km was definitely hot - I was absolutely drenched by the time I finished. It was positively the worst 10km I've run in ages. I ran the same time that I did when I ran my second 10km ever. 59:20. Ugh.

I know I ran yesterday and all, but I usually manage around 57 something even when I feel bad/have run hard the day before. Bit of a wake up call really. Definitely leaves me wondering about Kurruwa and whether I should do it. Heat really kills me. Not that I would dream of running at 10km pace or anything (the aim being just to finish!) but still. I am severely undercooked for the distance and there's no time to prepare. Hmn.

Oh well - nothing to do but stop whinging and work harder I guess!

2 comments:

Ewen said...

You might have to use the 2P 'distance extender' for Kurrawa (from the start, have planned walking breaks every x number of minutes).

That's a positive sign that a bad run turned into a good one. Keep chipping away Hannah!

Toasty said...

plenty of time .. cook on Hannah, cook on!