Thursday, October 26, 2006

losing my pants!

My plan to beat back the lard continues :) I'm tired already and it's only thursday...

Track on tuesday went well - that is, until my knicker elastic broke (seriously!) and I had to cut the session short. Everyone thought it was highly amusing to see me lolloping along whilst holding up my pants! I don't think I'm ever going to live it down - duct tape jokes abounded the following night at the Run Inn *LOL*

Mental note to self: Stop buying dodgy cheap Woolworths underwear - bonds for running all the way, baby!

On Wednesday morning, I went to my first circuit training session at the park just round the corner. I think it was truly invented for me, since I can literally roll out of bed at 5.30 for a 5.45am start. Lots of strength work, mixed with sprints. Lots of company and did I mention the trainer is hot? *L*

On wednesday night I went to the Run Inn (cue knicker jokes) and we did a nice cruisy 10km. Ran with Ronnie and caught up on all the goss. Tracey was nowhere to be found.

This morning I did personal training session and then went for a swim. That, combined with the circuit training has left me pretty sore - I can barely lift my arms above my head and I hate to think what my legs will feel like tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'm going back to circuit training - tossing up between doing it two or three times a week. Currently, I think I'll do three sessions a week for a little while, so I can get some general fitness back and lose a bit more weight.

Plans are afoot for next year, also, thanks to a 2007 Goals thread on CR. It involves six foot and then 100km at Glasshouse. No getting out of it now it's public! Whoah!

9 comments:

Jen said...

LOL. Bonds rock BTW ;-)

I lurve your goals for 2007 Hannah. Go get em girl :-)

Lulu said...

LOl, what a way to end your training session... not very good for your running form!

Great plans for 2007... you go girl!

Toasty said...

You goals do not cover your underwear ... that leaves them incomplete .... dare I say it ... half-arsed!

TA and the Gnome said...

That 6ft goal means that we may finally meet! (As for the title, it wasn't the elastic breaking, it was the diet... :-))

Gnome

Ewen said...

Don't get your knickers in a knot over your 2007 goals. You're more than capable of achieving them.

undercover brother said...

100km at GH.
cooooooooool!
best of luck.
i'm sure youll get there.

Becky O said...

Hi Hannah, I have been reading your blog now for a little while and thought I should stop being a lurker :) Good luck with your GH goals next year. I am planning on getting along to some of the GH events in 2007 so I may see you there.

Aki said...

New goal for you:

Do the naked run.

No worries then.

Lol.

Tamyka Bell said...

Hi Hannah, long time no write. While I too love the Bonds undies for all day wear, nothing beats the Target brand seamfree undies. I have two different ones, they're not really seam free just the seams are flatlocked or hidden... but there's no chafing, there's no sweatrash, they don't stay damp and sweaty - they are the ultra undies for ultra runners. (And they don't leave a VPL when worn under skins.)