Saturday, October 14, 2006

15km with Tesso :)

It's been ages since I last blogged. Again!

What have I been doing? Group run up Mount Cootha last weekend was fun... reallyreallyreally HARD PT session which almost had me throwing up, then a reallyreallyreally hard track session. So good to feel like I've got some juice again. By the end of the session, I wanted to just hug the ground and cry. I truly did.

Had to work on wednesday night, so I didn't run again until today. I made the huge and stupid mistake of eating KFC for dinner last night. The smell got me (love it) but I haven't eaten it in years and I forgot just how greasy it is. As someone that doesn't even cook with oil, I've felt nauseous ever since.

Consequently, when I went running this morning, I felt like absolute death warmed up. Seemed to be a few variations on a theme too - Liz and Tess both felt off colour but for different reasons. Ended up doing about 15km and Tess ran with me the whole way, bless her! Thanks Tess!

When we finished, I felt a ton better than I had when I started and prolly could've carried on a bit. Couldn't have gone any faster during the run though! Definitely time to start planning out the next month or two - Kurruwa is rapidly approaching and I had better get some fitness back for that!

4 comments:

Shane said...

You have been keeping active so I wouldn't be too concerned about Kurruwa. There are still 57 days left but whose counting :)

Ewen said...

Wow - hugging the ground and crying! Now, that's evocative of a hard session.

Tesso is kind. You're lucky to have her as a training partner.

Tesso said...

I should be thanking you! Truly. I had all intentions of running 5k at the most. If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have even done that.

It was so nice to catch up on what's been happening .... oh, except for the KFC bit ;-) And fun talking about plans for next year - Caboolture, GC, GH. Can't wait!

miners said...

Good to have you back Hannah! I must admit to getting caught by the KFC trap on occasion. The smell gets me too - but you're right about feeling sick afterwards :(