Monday, June 15, 2009

Week One

I'm home and it's monday... I was discharged from the private hospital, had a really rough weekend and spent most of it in the public hospital, but I'm home now and contemplating what to do in terms of exercise for the week. I think I will start with walking... I don't think I need to buy new shoes just yet, since the pair I have were quite new when I stopped running.

Today, I am resting, but tomorrow I will spring into some sort of physical action...

So, rough plan for the week:

Tuesday:
Walk 30 minutes, stretch

Wednesday:
Walk 35 minutes, stretch

Thursday:
Walk 40 minutes, stretch

Friday:

Walk 45 minutes, stretch

Saturday:
Walk 50 minutes, stretch

Sunday:
Walk 60 minutes, stretch

I'd like to be walking for an hour by the end of the week. Then I will probably follow it with another week of just walking for an hour and trying to stretch some life back into my muscles. Yea Gads. It is certainly going to take a long time to get back to the lolloping along of olde. I foresee PAIN and SUFFERING. But it's my fault for doing NOOOO exercise for years.

I heard that the Run Inn is starting a new walk/run group after the GCM, so hopefully I will be able to cope with that by next month.... maybe I can convince my best friend Em to come along with me, though she can run anyway, now. Lucky thing.

Does anyone know if everyone still meets at the Regatta of a saturday morning at 6.30am or so for long runs? I am thinking about coming along but just walking. Then having coffee afterwards or something. Must email Tracey, Sam, Jill and Ronnie and see what they're doing these days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you, Hannah! Way to go, girl!

Let's know how the week pans out.

xxxxxx + hugs!

Jen said...

Hannah, I'm sooooooo pleased to have you back & thinking about exercise again. But please take it easy & don't be too hard on yourself. You've been out of the game a while; how about a few shorter days or even a rest day in there. I'm not saying this because I don't want you to succeed but I'm just concerned; don't want you to injure yourself.

xxxxx