Sunday, September 23, 2007

update

Well, I pick my orthotics up tomorrow. They said I should wear them for a week to get used to them before starting to try to run again. With the rain and cold last night, my foot is still hurting which means I shouldn't really run until it doesn't hurt again anyway.

I also a
ppear to have an ear infection, caused by a sore throat, which was caused by hayfever. Consequently, I constantly feel like I've been swimming and want to jump up and down and shake my head to dislodge the fluid. No gratifying rush of water though. Sooooo frustrating! It also means I'm almost completely deaf in one ear and very dizzy as a result. My lovely running doc, C, is on holidays, but if it's not better in a few days, I'll have to see one of the other doctors for some antibiotics or something.

Had coffee with my lovely now-running friend, E, last night. She has started coming to the run inn and is loving it. I hope I can get back to the point where we would be able to plod together.

Am starting to tackle some of the other health issues I've had recently. It's a slow process and long term treatment, but I'm going to give it a go to see if it works. Better than doing nothing.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is some goal, 5k in under 25 minutes. I have only done it myself once on a road race in Florida... I have never matched it. I did it in 23.52 - must have been the female personal trainer behind me and not wanting to let her beat me that got me that time! Goodluck with your goals!