Saturday, September 29, 2007

TT

This morning I went to the 5km time trial at Shorncliffe. It was really good to see everyone, although I felt really self-conscious going back looking and feeling so overweight and unfit. Was great to see Uncle Phil though, who is looking heaps better after his surgery.

So much has happened since I was last there – the problems with my foot and then the other stuff that’s had me in hospital three or four times… all in all, I feel rather changed by the last few months. Hopefully in a good way. Time will tell, I guess!

Anyway, my orthotics are still painful, so I probably walked 3km today. My feet are sore, though not blistered. I did attempt to run a couple of hundred metres, just to see what it feels like with the orthotics and it felt truly bizarre, like I am running with my toes turned in and down. My body weight and stride has shifted so much that I’m paranoid I’m going to twist my ankle or fall over. I’m not quite sure what affect running on the outside of my feet is going to have on the rest of me, either.

Anyway, babysteps.

Only seven months, three weeks to go until I can take them out.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I'm sure the orthotics will help once you get used to them. Even babystep short running is something.